Mission Statement of Monroe County Senior Services
It is our mission to plan, develop and manage programs and services which promote the dignity, independence and preferences of the older persons we serve. We help consumers access appropriate services from a wide range of available resources. Senior Services provides advocacy for quality of life issues and represents the views, needs and concerns of the older persons of Monroe County.
- Tanya Scott – ACCOUNTANT I – (608) 269-8694
- Diane Fennigkoh – TRANSPORTATION – (608) 269-8689
- Alice Ackerman – ADVOCACY/ELDERLY BENEFITS – (608) 269-8693
- Vicki Vieth – HOME-DELIVERED MEALS/DINING SITES – (608) 269-8692
- Patsy Lawrence – OFFICE CLERK – (608) 269-8685,
- Peg Giraud – TITLE V OFFICE ASSISTANT – (608) 269-8968
- Vacant Position – TITLE V OFFICE ASSISTANT – (608) 269-8807
- Sue Weber – VOLUNTEER SENIOR TRIP COORDINATOR – (608) 269-8690
OUR PROMISE TO YOU: If you are looking for information and you can’t find it here, please call our main line at 608-269-8690 and we will do our very best to help you find what you are looking for. Be sure to check out the “Helpful Links” on the column to the left.
1. Do you know an older person who has a low income and is looking for a part-time job in a pleasant office atmosphere? Check this out! The Senior Services office in Sparta is seeking someone 55 or older to join our team part-time as an office assistant. Office Assistant Details
2. Looking for someone to be trained to lead a caregiver-focused six week class.
For more information on either position, call Jane Jackson at 608-269-8691 or email at Jane.Jackson@co.monroe.wi.us
2017 Celebration of Seniors – Join us in Sparta for food and fun on Thursday, May 25th
Elder Benefit Specialist
Nutrition & Health
Recreation & Education Opportunities
- Aging Units in Wisconsin
- Chores, Housekeeping, Respite Services Lists of individual housekeepers, respite care, personal care, etc. (They are not part of an agency. We do not promote or recommend them. They are another resource.) If you are looking for agencies that provide similar services, go to: http://www.adrcww.org/Docs/Community%20Link%20Monroe%202015-7.pdf and search for “home health”. For more information, call Senior Services at (608) 269-8690.
- Donate to One of Our Programs
- Low Vision Support Group: Meets the 3nd Monday of each month at 1:00 pm at the Sparta Barney Community Center, 1000 E. Montgomery, Sparta. This support group is for you, a friend or family member affected with low vision. Please join us! Transportation may be available. Call 608-269-8690 May 2017 Sparta Low Vision Support Group
- Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
- Scams – Grandparent Scam IRS Scam – Owe Money Jury Duty Scam Health & Human Services – Office of Inspector General – Scam
- Tech tools for older adults
- Telephone Reassurance Program – RSVP – La Crosse The La Crosse Coulee Region RSVP Telephone Reassurance Program provides adults with disabilities or those who live alone with a daily call from volunteers.
- Telephone Reassurance Program in Monroe County – Faith In Action – Tomah: www.tomahwisconsin.com/list/member/faith-in-action-of-monroe-county-tomah-2194.htm
- Vintage Vagabond Trip Policies Monthly organized recreational trips for seniors to various regional points of interest. Sight-seeing, shopping, dinner shows and museums are just some of the adventures included in the trips. Call 608-269-8690, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm for more information or to sign up for trips.
- Volunteer Drivers
- Volunteer Opportunities