Mission Statement of Monroe County Senior Services
It is our mission to plan, develop and manage programs and services which promote the dignity, independence and preferences of the older persons we serve. We help consumers access appropriate services from a wide range of available resources. Senior Services provides advocacy for quality of life issues and represents the views, needs and concerns of the older persons of Monroe County. STAFF MEMBERS:
- Susie Brownell, BOOKKEEPER – (608) 269-8694
- Diane Fennigkoh, TRANSPORTATION – (608) 269-8689
- Wendy Kelly, ADVOCACY/ELDERLY BENEFITS – (608) 269-8693
- Vicki Vieth, NUTRITION PROGRAM COORDINATOR – (608) 269-8692
- Ann Allen, OFFICE CLERK – (608) 269-8685
- Joyce Conant, TITLE V OFFICE ASSISTANT – (608) 269-8807
- Sue Weber, VOLUNTEER SENIOR TRIP COORDINATOR – (608)269-8968
CLICK ON “SERVICES” AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE.
Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
Senior Services Programs Brochure
Severe Weather and Meal Delivery
Aging Units in Wisconsin
2013-2015 County Aging Plan (Draft)
Monroe County Senior Services Aging Plan Survey 2016-2018
- Lists of individual housekeepers, respite care, personal care, etc. (They are not part of a business or organization. We do not promote or recommend them. They are another resource.) For more information, call Senior Services at (608) 269-8690.
Closings for Meal Sites and Senior Services Office
Come Enjoy a Meal With Us!
Donate to One of Our Programs
Emergency Preparedness for Seniors
Emergency Response Systems
Family Caregiver Support Program – Support for the Caregiver
Food & Meal Alternatives
Food and Nutrition Resources – Monroe County Food Share Qualifications and More
Loan Closet (Mobility Supplies and Accessories) – Tomah Senior Center
Mobile Food Pantries – Second Harvest
Monroe County Caregiver Support Group When you attend a support group, you get to meet other people who are in the same situation as yourself. You get to understand that you are not alone and the emotional roller coaster ride that you are going through is normal. If you are taking care of a loved one, neighbor, or friend with their finances, household chores, transportation or just checking on their welfare, “you” are a caregiver.
Dementia Support Group
Newsletter – Vintage Express Extra. If you are looking for a copy, you may pick up a copy at any one of the Monroe County Senior Nutrition Sites. You also can call Senior Services at (608) 269-8690 and we’ll direct you to the closest pick up point.
low vision July 2015
Low Vision August 2015
SENIOR “VINTAGE VAGABOND” TRIPS Monthly organized recreational trips for seniors to various regional points of interest. Sight seeing, shopping, dinner shows and museums are just some of the adventures included in the trips. Call (608) 269-8690 Monday – Friday, 8:00am -4:30pm, for more information or to sign up for a trip. (See below for senior trip policies.) *Senior Trip Policies
Vilas Zoo July
Prairie du Chien August 18th
Volunteer Drivers Volunteer Opportunities