Monroe County Land Conservation Department
Welcome to the Monroe County Land Conservation Department (LCD). The Monroe County LCD administers and assists with a variety of County, State, and Federal conservation programs.
Bob Micheel, County Conservationist
Bryce Richardson, Soil and Water Conservationist
Christina Mulder, Soil and Water Conservationist
Connie Holzl, Administrative Assistant
- CREP, the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program establishes buffers along streams and waterways
- County Deer Advisory Council , 2016 Deer Season results and 2017 recommendations.
- 2017 TREE SALES FORM The Monroe County Land Conservation Department annual tree sale. Trees are on the way! Trees will be available for pick up on Thursday April 27th from 10 A.M until 5 P.M. at the Land Conservation Office located at 820 Industrial Dr. Sparta, WI. Tree Planter bars will be available for rent on a first come first serve basis. For those who missed the tree sale- we will be taking orders again next year. Contact Connie at 608-269-8973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Tree Type
2017 Poster Contest Winners Advance
Taya Ericson (left) of Sparta STEM Academy won 1st place 7-9th grade division. Yesica Sanchez (right) of Sparta High School won 1st place in the 10-12th grade division.
Maddie Klinkner (left) and Tessa Sanders (right) from the Cashton Elementary School. Maddie won the 4-6th grade division, and Tessa won the 2-3rd grade division.
- Invasive Plant Species of Monroe County , a brochure by the Monroe County Invasive Species Working Group
- Monroe County Land and Water Resource Management Plan (October, 2010 revision)
- Conservation Contractor List, a list of contractors available for conservation work in Monroe County
- Farmland Preservation Plan
The information provided below will assist landowners interested in participating in the FPP program; property must fall within a designated Agriculture Enterprise Area AEA Map . For more info visit DATCP: Farmland Preservation Program
NOTICES and REMINDERS:
- Farmers spreading manure are encouraged to check Wisconsin’s Online Runoff Risk Advisory Forecast before spreading. The site provides updated risk assessment for spreading manure. If your site shows RED, don’t spread.
- Visit DNR’s manure spill, response, planning, and prevention page for information on reporting manure spills. All manure spills or runoff that may affect Wisconsin waters must be reported.
- Monroe County is now using a web portal that allows searches for land records data.
- Local, state, and federal agencies are reminding landowners to consider the benefits of the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Progam (CREP) when making land use decisions. It may be a way to generate income from marginal lands in addition to providing conservation benefits.
- Looking for a Monroe County map? Download a pdf file of the Monroe County Road Map 22″ x 34″ or 34″ x 44″ and take it to your favorite printer for a hard copy.
- Another option for custom maps is to make your own from the Monroe Countys’ GIS site. By using these map printing instructions, users can make maps of almost any standard size, and can include a variety of frequently used data layers.