Monroe County Land Conservation Department
Welcome to the Monroe County Land Conservation Department (LCD). The Monroe County LCD administers and assists with a variety of County, State, and Federal conservation programs.
Al Hoff, County Conservationist
Bryce Richardson, Soil and Water Conservationist
Bob Micheel, Soil and Water Conservationist
ORDINANCES and PERMITS
NONMETALLIC MINING RECLAMATION PLANS
UPCOMING MEETINGS and EVENTS OF INTEREST:
NOTICES and REMINDERS:
- Farmers spreading manure are encouraged to check Wisconsin’s Online Runoff Risk Advisory Forecast before spreading. The site provides updated risk assessment for spreading manure. If your site shows RED, don’t spread.
- Visit DNR’s manure spill, response, planning, and prevention page for information on reporting manure spills. All manure spills or runoff that may affect Wisconsin waters must be reported.
- Monroe County is now using a web portal that allows searches for land records data.
- Local, state, and federal agencies are reminding landowners to consider the benefits of the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Progam (CREP) when making land use decisions. It may be a way to generate income from marginal lands in addition to providing conservation benefits.
- Looking for a Monroe County map? Download a pdf file of the Monroe County Road Map 22″ x 34″ or 34″ x 44″ and take it to your favorite printer for a hard copy.
- The Monroe County Land Conservation Committee is accepting bids on 40 acres of cropland in the Tri-Creek Watershed near Norwalk. For information on this parcel, click here: Tri-Creek Cropland Bid.